- About Us
- Holy Syriac Orthodox Church
- Late Lamented Patriarch
- Archdiocese - Administration
- Archdiocese - Brief History
- Archdiocesan Council
- Public Relations Officer
- Constitution of the Holy Universal Syriac Orthodox Church
- Constitution & Amendments of the Malankara Archdiocese
- Spiritual Organizations
- Contact Us
Why should marriage be conducted in the Church?
Submitted by admin on Fri, 2011-01-21 03:17
Though marriages are registered in the soviet Union, more and more couples are coming to the church for church-marriages for the sheer beauty and grace of it. If one agrees that marriage is a sacrament (Mt. 19: 6; Eph. 5: 31 etc.), it naturally must take place in the church in the midst of the faithful by the validly ordained priest of the church. As one goes to the theatre for cinema, to the play ground for games, to the club for secular get together, one goes to the Church for the sacred sacraments of the Church.